11th May 2022
(“NetScientific”, the “Group” or the “Company”)
PDS Biotech Provides Business Update and Reports First Quarter 2022 Financial Results
NetScientific plc (AIM: NSCI), the international life sciences and sustainability technology investment and commercialisation Group, announces that its portfolio company, PDS Biotechnology Corporation (Nasdaq: PDSB), today provided a business update and first-quarter financial results for the year ended December 31, 2022.
PDS Highlights for the Period
- Announced two abstracts accepted for poster presentation during the 2022 American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Annual Meeting taking place June 3-7 in Chicago:
- The poster presentation of Abstract # 6041 will summarize updates to the preliminary efficacy and safety data from the PDS-sponsored VERSATILE-002 Phase 2 clinical trial, which is evaluating PDS0101 in combination with Merck’s anti-PD-1 therapy KEYTRUDA® (pembrolizumab) for the treatment of recurrent or metastatic HPV16-positive head and neck cancer.
- The poster presentation of Abstract # 2518 will summarize updates from last year’s ASCO presentation to efficacy and survival data, as well as new findings from the ongoing National Cancer Institute (NCI)-led Triple Combination Phase 2 clinical trial. This trial is evaluating PDS0101 in combination with two investigational immune-modulating agents across the range of HPV16-positive advanced relapsed refractory cancers.
- In April, received $1.2 million from the net sale of tax benefits to an unrelated, profitable New Jersey corporation pursuant to the Company’s participation in the New Jersey Technology Business Tax Certificate Transfer Net Operating Loss (NOL) program for State Fiscal Year 2021.
- Announced that the NCI achieved the enrollment objective of 30 patients in the checkpoint inhibitor (CPI) refractory arm of the Triple Combination Phase 2 clinical trial for PDS0101.
First Quarter 2022 Financial Results
PDS Biotech reported a net loss of approximately $8.5 million, or $0.32 per basic share and diluted share, for the three months ended March 31, 2022 compared to a net loss of approximately $3.0 million, or $0.14 per basic share and diluted share, for the three months ended March 31, 2021.
Research and development (R&D) expenses increased to approximately $5.2 million for the three months ended March 31, 2022 from approximately $1.4 million for the three months ended March 31, 2021. The increase of approximately $3.7 million in 2022 was primarily attributable to an increase of $1.8 million in manufacturing services and quality costs, $1.04 million in clinical study and regulatory costs, $0.8 million in personnel costs and $0.06 million in facilities.
General and administrative expenses increased to approximately $3.3 million for the three months ended March 31, 2022 from approximately $1.6 million for the three months ended March 31, 2021. The increase of approximately $1.7 million is primarily attributable to an increase of $1.0 million in personnel costs, $0.6 million in legal fees and $0.1 in marketing expenses.
Total operating expenses increased to approximately $8.5 million for the three months ended March 31, 2022 from approximately $3.0 million for the three months ended March 31, 2021 for the reasons described above.
PDS Biotech’s cash balance as of March 31, 2022 was approximately $58.9 million.
The full text of the announcement from PDS Biotechnology is reproduced below and is available online here: PDS Biotech – PDS Biotech Provides Business Update and Reports First Quarter 2022 Financial Results
Dr. Ilian Iliev, CEO of NetScientific, commented: “Following strong progress in 2021, PDS is now approaching significant potential value inflection points, with the upcoming results of its Phase 2 trials. The substantial cash reserves position PDS well to navigate the biotech markets storm, as it works towards its milestones in critically important areas of the oncology therapeutics.”
For more information, please contact:
|NetScientific||Via Walbrook PR|
|Ilian Iliev, CEO|
|WH Ireland (NOMAD, Financial Adviser and Broker)|
|Chris Fielding / Darshan Patel||+44 (0)20 7220 1666|
|Walbrook PR||+44 (0)20 7933 8780 or firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Nick Rome / Tom Cooper||07748 325 236 / 07971 221 972|
NetScientific plc (AIM: NSCI) is a holding company, that invests in, develops, commercialises and realises shareholder value in life sciences/healthcare, sustainability and technology companies, which offer significant growth potential predominately in the UK and USA, as well as globally.
With the acquisition of EMV Capital in August 2020, the Group doubled its portfolio from 8 to 17 companies, either through direct subsidiary, balance sheet investment or capital under advisory, varying from start-up private companies to publicly listed equities.
NetScientific delivers shareholder returns through a proactive and hands-on management approach to their portfolio companies; identifying, investing in, and helping to build game-changing companies. The Group targets value inflection points and the release of value through partial or full exits from trade sales, public listings, or equity sales. The Company has a strong transatlantic and growing international presence, providing attractive expansion prospects.
NSCI can deploy a capital-light investment structure; utilising the power of the PLC Brand, and the NetScientific balance sheet to anchor future investments and achieve a multiplier effect by attracting 3rd party investment for the portfolio companies.
NetScientific is headquartered in London, United Kingdom, and was admitted to trading on AIM, a market operated by the London Stock Exchange, in 2013 (website: netscientific.net).